- Choikang Changmin had spent his first day in Hawaii, and seemed to be in good spirits. As he greeted us “Good Morning” and looked out at the gleaming sea, he sat, refined and poised like in a movie, sipping coffee and flashing us that killer smile.
- “The theme for this Hawaiian vacation has been settled. It’s ‘Rediscovering Shim Changmin’. So, would you like to come discover with me? (LOL)”
- Regarding his debut at the age of 17, and having always been known as “TVXQ’s Choikang Changmin”, this trip is particularly special to him. Even though this resulted in less time that he could have spent travelling Korea with his friends, the respite from their continuous activities in Japan and in Korea was more than welcomed, especially being able to travel by himself.
- “This is a real time off (from activities), but instead of resting, I’m spending my time on the school work that I was unable to do, or learning things that I couldn’t have before. Now that I think about it, it seems like I’m asking too much from myself. I should be disarming right now. (LOL)”
- Being in a duo with Uknow Yunho to become “Dong Bang Shin Ki”, and standing on stage once more, he underwent much pain and suffering, because he has to live as a part of TVXQ, which is of utmost importance, but he is unable to enjoy his youth. Perhaps, that is what led him to say that treasuring every moment in Hawaii may not be a reality.
- His favourite travel spots are expansive oceans, and tranquil mountain ranges.
- “For the 2006 photoshoot, we went to Bora Bora Island, in Tahiti. Because the schedule was very tight, we couldn’t enjoy the place and relax, but to me, that was by far the best place on Earth. Everywhere you looked, the view was like a painting. If I had the chance, I would definitely want to go back. Ah, it seems like an ideal place for a honeymoon. (LOL)”
- Actually, he already has experienced the married life (?), in last winter’s drama serial “Paradise Ranch”. That was the first time that Changmin tried acting, and this new experience, no longer on stage, has fortified him. Strolling on Waikiki Beach, Changmin says: “Hawaii seems to complement my character. No matter where I go, I feel serene. Although coming by myself to Hawaii without Yunho hyung, I do feel sorry about that. (LOL) Having to say that I will be leaving this place soon, I already feel reluctant.”
- Having said that, however, when he returns to Korea, he will be boasting to Uknow Yunho about the 5 days he spent in Hawaii; how he took all these pictures, and how happy he was, exactly like the mischievious kid that he is.
- “Yunho hyung and I are complete opposites. So from the moment we started living together in the same dormitory, there were a lot of unresolved issues. For example, he would drink directly from the 1.5L bottle in the fridge, instead of pouring it into a cup. But over time, these small details no longer become points of contention between the two of us; we’ve gradually become like family.”
- Rather effortfully, he said that because they are like family, they treasure each other equally, hence helping TVXQ keep its place.
- Is there anything you would like to do after the interview?
(s!b: everything you are about to read is completely opinionated and is not meant to hurt or insult anyone in anyway. The facts stated are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, so please do not take everything you read here for granted because I may stand…
“Well, two of us were made to go on by ourselves, right. To say it didn’t hurt would be nonsense. Those friends, Junsu, Jaejoong, Yoochun, we know that they all do well and are talented. We also know that they’re nice people. During our preparation for comeback as duo, there must have been lots of people watching us with worried eyes, and also lots of people, without really meaning it, criticizing us for our decision… There were these words too, “Can the two of you actually succeed? Probably not…” We heard these things. That was extremely upsetting. Because TVXQ could not break. I had to protect TVXQ and that came before anything else. That is what I’ve fought. So I am protecting TVXQ now, and will continue to protect TVXQ in the future.”—Yunho (via yunwhore)